Images from the annual Passim Thank You Event held for our supporters.
Passim needs your support. When you make a gift to or become a member of Club Passim, you are supporting the arts in Cambridge, Boston, and beyond. More importantly, you are saying that music matters.
Passim’s story is one of a legendary and vibrant community that has existed for more than fifty years. From its first incarnation as the Club 47 in 1958 to the present-day Club Passim, the organization has been home to countless artists who have shaped music and our culture. We love being part of this historic venue’s story, and we’re inviting you to become a financial leader in the community and continue the Club Passim story with us.
How you can help Passim today
● MAKE A DONATION: Click here to make a tax-deductible gift to Passim
● BECOME A MEMBER: Membership is a great way to fully experience the Passim community. Benefits range from getting discounts on tickets and classes to receiving invitations to free, members-only events. Learn more about our various membership levels and benefits by clicking here.
What your tax-deductible donation makes possible
Your tax-deductible donation enables Passim to:
● Bring both well-known and emerging artists to perform in our legendary listening venue, in the community, and on the web.
● Develop new artists as they fine-tune their craft. The Passim Iguana Music Fund provides over $30,000 a year in grants to emerging artists who are making a difference.
● Teach the community. The Passim School of Music enrolls over 800 students each year, matching adult students of all backgrounds with instructors who are professional musicians.
● Promote diverse artists who truly inspire their audiences. Passim showcases music, song, and dance from the Irish, Scottish, Cape Breton, and other Celtic traditions in our monthly series and annual BCMFest event.
● Present free, outdoor music events throughout the city. Last year, BCMFest and Passim’s Harvard and Kendall Square Summer Series drew over 10,000 attendees.
● Help guarantee the health and efficiency of a truly legendary institution.
Does your employer have a matching gift program for charitable contributions? Your company may require an EIN for a matching gift; our legal name is 47 Palmer, Inc., and our EIN is 04-3255365. Please note that most matching gift programs require that the donor receives no goods or services in return for the contribution.
Supporting the Iguana Music Fund
General operating donations are most appreciated, but you may also contribute directly to the Iguana Music Fund, which aids musicians with annual grants for specific career-building and community service projects. To contribute to the Iguana Music Fund, you may make your donation by phone (617.492.5300) or by check (to Passim, with memo Iguana Music Fund). If you prefer to donate online, please email us to inform us that your contribution is specifically for the Iguana Fund.
Passim is designated under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code as a not-for-profit charitable corporation. Gifts to Passim, including memberships, are tax deductible to the extent allowed by federal law and, where permitted, under state law. To comply with IRS requirements regarding charitable donations, the amount of a donation or membership deductible for federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of the amount contributed over the value of the goods and services provided by Passim. Passim's Tax ID (EIN-Employer Identification Number) is 04-3255365 and our official corporate name is "47 Palmer, Inc."
How much is deductible?
A person's tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation.
For Senior/Student, Individual, and Family levels: For these levels, no goods or services are considered to have been provided in exchange for your membership.
For Donor level and above: The estimated value of goods and services is not deductible. The deductible amount appears below:
|Student - FREE|
|Senior - $50|
|Individual - $80|
|Family - $135|
|Donor - $215|
|Patron - $400|
|Benefactor - $800|
|Legacy - $1325|
|Angel - $2125|
|Angel Family - $2500|
|Donlin - $3200|
|Club 47 Circle - $5047|
Don’t wait. Make your gift today.